This classic 3gate Robo gets an Observer for detection and a fast Mothership Core in order to play safe. It can then attack your opponent with a strong army, or take an expansion and tech to Colossi or Chargelot/Immortal.
- 9 – Pylon
- 13 – Gateway
- 15 – 2 Assimilators
- 16 – Pylon
- 18 – @100% Gateway, start Cybernetics Core
- 21 – @100% Cybernetics Core, start Stalker, Warpgate Research, Mothership Core, and Pylon
- 25 – @100 Gas, start Robotics Facility
- @100 Gas, start Sentry and Pylon
- @100% Robotics Facility, start Observer and 2 more Gateways
- @100% Observer, start Immortal
- @100% Warpgate Research, warp-in 2 more Stalkers and a Sentry
- Benchmark: When 1st Immortal finishes (@6:40ish), you should have 3 Stalkers, 2 Sentries, an Observer, an Immortal, and a Mothership Core with 24 Probes at home.
This build gets you a fast Mothership Core for defense with a reasonably timed Observer for detection, so scouting is quite minimal. You might find it useful to scout around your own base for a proxy Gateway/Cannon Rush attack with your Probe that starts your Gateway.
This 3gate Robo can transition into a macro build or an all-out attack. If you want to attack with this build, then constantly produce Immortals after your first Observer and warp-in units 3 at a time. Set up a proxy Pylon near your opponent’s base and attack while reinforcing with 3 Warpgate units at a time.
If you want to play a more macro style, then stop all army production after your first Immortal and start a Nexus, and either Robotics Bay or Twilight Council. Going for a Stalker/Colossus army or a Chargelot/Immortal army will set you up for a strong midgame.
Pros and Cons
This build is strong because it is so easy and safe to execute, and can transition very easily into a strong attack or a macro style of play. It also gets an Observer for fast detection against DTs.
However, this build gets a slower Nexus and thus economy than a 1gate FE build like NaNiwa’s Safe Expand does.
This 3gate Robo is viable on every map. However, it is best to transition into a Nexus on larger maps and attack with Immortals on smaller maps.
- King Sejong Station
- Merry Go Round
- Foxtrot Labs