This hyper-aggressive 3gate all-in opens with a Gateway on 10 supply in order to get the fastest Warpgate Research possible. It then hits a ridiculously early (@5:30ish) 3gate attack in order to end the game before leaving the early game.
- 9 – Pylon
- 10 – Gateway
- 12 – Assimilator
- 15 – @100% Gateway, start Cybernetics Core
- 16 – Pylon
- Pause Probe production
- 16 – Zealot
- Resume Probe production
- 19 – @100% Cybernetics Core, start Warpgate Research and a Stalker
- 23 – @300 Mins, start 2 more Gateways
- 24 – @125 Mins, start 2nd Stalker
- Halt all Probe production. You should have 16 Probes mining Minerals now.
- 26 – Proxy Pylon(s)
- Benchmark: When your Warpgate Research finishes, warp-in 3 Stalkers (@5:30ish) and attack your opponent with 5 Stalkers and 1 Zealot.
- You should have 20 Probes: 16 mining Minerals, 3 mining Gas, and 1 building the proxy Pylons.
This build requires very minimal scouting, for you are placing your initial Gateway at 10 supply–long before any scouting information could influence your build. However, it is critical to send a Probe out to set up proxy Pylon(s) BEFORE your Warpgate is done. Thus, probe scouting to check whether your opponent has opened with a 3 Stalker Rush in order to deny proxy Pylons can yield useful information.
This build is an all-in in every respect: getting a 10 Gateway, non-stop chronoboosting Warpgate, halting Probe production at 16 (on minerals), and dumping all money into Gateway units. Thus, there is no well-defined transition. If you are late in your execution and do not outright kill your opponent (or at least take out their army and 10+ Probes), then you will most likely lose the game to any sort of Robotics/Twilight/Stargate counter-attack.
- Use only 1 Chronoboost on Probes (as you resume Probe production after your 10 Gateway).
- Use 1 Chronoboost on your Zealot in order to finish it as your Cybernetics Core finishes.
- ALL THE REST OF YOUR CHRONOBOOST MUST BE DUMPED INTO WARPGATE RESEARCH.
- The limiting factor on this build is how fast you can finish Warpgate. Be sure to non-stop chronoboost your Cybernetics Core until it finishes researching so as to attack as early as possible.
- Place your proxy Pylons quite aggressively for your attack to hit as fast as possible, unless you need to hide your proxy Pylon from a 3 Stalker rushing player.
- Commit to the attack as quickly as possible and never stop warping-in Zealots and Stalkers until either you have won the game or you have lost all of your units. The strength of this all-in is how quickly and ferociously it attacks, but if you are not constantly attacking then your opponent’s economic/tech advantage can destroy you.
Pros and Cons
This build is a hyper-aggressive all-in that is able to get 5 Stalkers and 1 Zealot warped-in at your opponent’s base at 5:30. Because of how quickly this build attacks, it can punish most greedy PvP builds with ease.
Unfortunately, this all-in is quite easy to scout because you cannot hide the fact that you are getting your first Gateway and Cybernetics Core much earlier than the normal timing. However, it being easy to scout and easy to defend are two fundamentally different things, so you can still win with this build quite often.
This build is strongest on maps where your natural Nexus’ cannon’s range can hit any and all entrances into your natural, thus encouraging your opponent to open with a fast expansion. However, it is completely viable on every map in the map pool.
- Habitation Station
- Daedalus Point
- Heavy Rain
- Polar Night