This build gets an Observer for detection and a fast Mothership Core in order to play safe. It can then attack your opponent with a strong army or take an expansion and tech to Colossi.
- 9 – Pylon
- 13 – Gateway
- 15 – 1st Assimilator
- 16 – Pylon
- 18 – @100% Gateway, start Cybernetics Core and 2nd Assimilator
- 23 – @100% Cybernetics Core, start 1st Stalker, Warpgate Research, and Pylon
- 24 – @100 Gas, start Mothership Core
- @100% 1st Stalker, start 2nd Stalker
- @100 Gas, start Robotics Facility
- @100% 2nd Stalker, start Sentry and 2 more Gateways
- Benchmark: When your Robotics Facility finishes (@5:40ish), you should have 2 Stalkers, a Sentry, and around 24 Probes
- @100% Robotics Facility, start Observer
- @100% Observer, start Immortal and warp-in Gateway units
This build gets you a fast Mothership Core for defense with a reasonably timed Observer for detection, so scouting is quite minimal. Use a scouting Probe to check that your opponent has all of their buildings in their base (and not proxying you), and check to see whether your opponent is producing Marines or a Reaper.
This build can transition into a macro build or an all-out attack. If you want to attack with this build, then constantly produce Immortals after your first Observer and warp-in units 3 at a time. Set up a proxy Pylon near your opponent’s base and attack while reinforcing with 3 Warpgate units at a time.
If you want to play a more macro style, then stop all army production after your first Immortal and start a Nexus, Forge, and then Robotics Bay in that order. Going for Colossus production and Ground upgrades will set you up for a strong midgame.
Pros and Cons
This build is strong because it is so easy and safe to execute, and can transition very easily into a strong attack or a macro style of play.
However, this build gets a slower Nexus and thus economy than a 1gate FE build does.
This build is viable on every map. However, it is best to transition into a Nexus on larger maps and attack with Immortals on smaller maps.
- King Sejong Station
- Merry Go Round
- Foxtrot Labs