This 1gate FE follows up with a 6gate, 2 base Blink Stalker attack, using the Mothership Core for high ground vision and Time Warp.
- 9 – Pylon
- 13 – Gateway
- 15 – 2 Assimilators
- 16 – Pylon
- 18 – @100% Gateway, start Cybernetics Core
- Put 2 Probes in each Assimilator (for a total of 4 in gas)
- @100% Cybernetics Core, start Nexus
- @100 Mins, start Mothership Core
- ————Above is 1gate FE
- @50 Gas, start Warpgate Research and Pylon
- @50 Gas, start 1st Stalker
- Put 1 more Probe in each Assimilator (for a total of 6 in gas)
- @100 Gas, start Twilight Council
- @100% 1st Stalker, start 2nd Stalker
- @100% Twilight Council, start Blink Research
- @300 Mins, start 2 more Gateways and 3rd Stalker
- @450 Mins, start 3 more Gateways
- Benchmark: When Blink finishes (@7:40ish), you should have with 6 Stalkers and 36 Probes at home
- Attack your opponent’s natural/main with your first full warp-in from all 6 Gateways (@8:30ish) with 12 Blink Stalkers and constant Stalker reinforcements.
This build is an aggressive opener that makes a lot of units, so you will not have to worry about Probe scouting. Against Reaper play, keep your first Stalker on a common hop-up ledge in order to deny your opponent scouting the Twilight Council. Against other defensive play, poke out to your opponent’s front with your first Stalker and check to see whether your opponent is going for Widow Mines or a quick CC into Bio so you know how to micro when you Blink into his main base with all of your units.
This build is a strong 2 base Blink Timing that commits a lots of resources to Stalkers and no resources to upgrades or tech, so your follow-up will be quite slow. If your attack does damage and you keep most of your units alive, then you can start 2 more Assimilators, 2 Forges, and a Templar Archives, in order to transition into a Chargelot/Storm unit composition with Blink Stalkers to help deal with drops. However, if you do not deal some damage with your initial Stalkers, then you will be behind both economically and in tech against an opponent who will have Stimpack and Medivacs soon to follow.
- Do not bother Probe scouting early on because you can do this build against nearly everything your opponent chooses to open with.
- With your initial Stalkers, either protect your main base from a Reaper scouting your Twilight Council or move out and poke up at your opponent’s base for some early scouting intel.
- The limiting factor with this build is Blink Research’s build time and finishing your 6 Gateways, so be sure to Chronoboost Blink Research constantly in order to attack as soon as possible.
- Keep your Mothership Core out of harm’s way. Use its 14 sight range for high ground vision, but do not commit the Mothership Core in the attack because without high ground vision, your attack will most likely fail.
- Do not forget to use your Mothership Core’s Time Warp ability to help pick off SCVs or Bio units that are out of position.
- Do NOT over-commit your Stalkers in a risky blink. Only aggressively blink to get up to a high ground or to pick off a Siege Tank/Widow Mine before it activates.
- Constantly warping-in more Stalkers to reinforce your army and add strength to the attack is key to crushing through your opponent’s defenses.
Pros and Cons
This build is a strong build because of how quickly you get both high ground vision with your Mothership Core and enough Blink Stalkers to do real damage – after opening with a 1gate FE. While your opponent might have Stimpack done in time for the attack, you can still beat your opponent in the open field if you use Time Warp and Blink appropriately.
However, this build commits a lot of resources to the attack, so transitioning into standard play will be much further behind if you had just rushed for High Templars and upgrades. Also, if your Stalker positioning is sub-optimal, a Reaper may scout your Twilight Council and reveal the build before you have even moved out to attack.
This build is strongest on maps with large areas to Blink up on, so you have more maneuverability with your Stalkers.
- Merry Go Round
- King Sejong Station