This build opens with 2 Stalkers and a Mothership Core to take map control, and then follows up with a Warp Prism and 5 Gateways to drop the main of your opponent and force field him out of his own base.
- 9 – Pylon
- 13 – Gateway
- 15 – 2 Assimilators
- 16 – Pylon
- 18 – @100% Gateway, start Cybernetics Core
- Put 2 Probes in each Assimilator (for a total of 4 in gas)
- 21 – Pylon
- 21 -@100% Cybernetics Core, start Warpgate Research and Stalker
- 23 – @100 Gas, start Mothership Core
- 25 – @100% 1st Stalker, start 2nd Stalker
- Move out when your Mothership Core finishes (@4:45ish), move out with 1st Stalker and Mothership Core, and rally 2nd Stalker to fight.
- —————Above is MC’s 2 Stalker+Mothership Core Opener
- @400 Mins, start Nexus
- @100 Gas, start Robotics Facility
- Put 1 more Probe in each Assimilator (for a total of 6 in gas)
- @300 Mins, start 2 more Gateways and a Sentry from 1st Gateway
- @100% Robotics Facility, start Warp Prism
- @100% Warpgate Research, warp-in 3 Sentries and start 2 more Gateways
- Load up Warp Prism with your 4 Sentries as soon as your Warp Prism finishes (@7:05ish), and drop your opponent’s main, force fielding him out.
- Benchmark: When your Warp Prism finishes (@7:05ish), you should have around 32 Probes, 2 Stalkers, 4 Sentries, 1 Warp Prism, and a Mothership Core.
This build is most effective against gasless openers from Terran, and quite ineffective against 1 base plays. Thus, be sure that you confirm your opponent doing a Reaper FE, CC First, or 1rax FE build with either your Probe scout at 13 supply or with your initial Stalker poke. If your opponent has not opened with an expansion, then abandon the Warp Prism and go instead for 2 more Assimilators, a Robotics Bay, double Forge, and standard macro PvT play. If your opponent has opened with an expansion, then proceed with this build and be sure to force field your opponent out of his main base.
This build is a strong, 5 gate attack off of 2 bases with only 2 Assimilators. Thus, you have to damage with this attack if you want to go into the midgame with an advantage. Assuming you do no damage and you lose the Warp Prism, you will have a very hard time coming back in the game, and should play stupidly greedy if you want a chance to come back. If you do some damage with this build but eventually lose everything, then you might still be in the game; transition by getting both Assimilators at your natural and go into a standard Colossi/Forge midgame. If you do a lot of damage and save some of your army with the Warp Prism, then you can feel free to take a greedy third base instantly while transitioning directly into Colossi+upgrades off of double Forge.
- Use your initial Stalkers and Mothership Core for map control and early game scouting.
- Only build the Warp Prism if you are playing against an expanding Terran. Get your natural’s Assimilators and go into Colossi if you see your opponent staying on one base.
- Against Reaper play, keep at least one Stalker at home in order to defend your Probes and/or stop him from seeing your Warp Prism.
- When you finish your Warp Prism, load up your 4 Sentries instantly and head directly for your opponent’s main base.
- Poke your opponent’s front with your Stalkers before you go into the main with your Warp Prism to make sure that your opponent has all his units at his natural.
- Drop your Sentries on the high ground near your opponent’s ramp to instantly force field him out.
- Transform your Warp Prism into Phasing Mode and constantly warp-in 5 units at a time, favoring Zealots and Sentries.
Pros and Cons
This build opens with your Stalkers/Mothership Core to easily defend Reapers as well as take map control. Then, with the scouting intel that your Probe and Stalker poke give you, you follow up with a very early Warp Prism and 5 gate attack in order to drop in your opponent’s main while you force field him out. Against a non-expand build, you have the Robotics Facility and can get Observers or Immortals to play safe.
However, opening with this build delays your midgame tech by a lot. By only staying on 2 Assimilators, you do not have the gas income to go into Colossi instantly, and thus have to rely on your Warp Prism doing damage to get a leg up on your opponent. Also, this build relies a lot on early game scouting in order to ensure that your opponent is going for a standard expansion into Bio play.
This build is strongest on smaller maps so that you can use your first three units to apply lots of pressure. However, it is also great on larger maps where your opponent is more likely to open with a fast expansion.
- King Sejong Station
- Merry Go Round