This build opens with some light Stalker pressure and then follows up with a 3gate Blink Stalker all-in, using the Mothership Core for high ground vision and Time Warp.
- 9 – Pylon
- 13 – Gateway
- 15 – 2 Assimilators
- 16 – Pylon
- 17 – @100% Gateway, start Cybernetics Core
- Put 2 Probes in each Assimilator (for a total of 4 in gas)
- 22 – Pylon
- 22 – @100% Cybernetics Core, start Warpgate Research and Stalker
- 25 – @100% Stalker, start 2nd Stalker
- Put 1 more Probe in each Assimilator (for a total of 6 in gas)
- 27 – @100 Gas, start Twilight Council
- @100% 2nd Stalker, start 3rd Stalker
- @300 Mins, start 2 more Gateways
- @100% Twilight Council, start Blink Research
- @100 Gas, start Mothership Core
- @100% Warpgate, constantly warp-in Stalkers at a proxy Pylon
- Blink into the main when Blink finishes (@7:40ish) with 12 Stalkers and 25 Probes at home
This build is an aggressive opener that makes a lot of units, so you will not have to worry about Probe scouting. Against Reaper play, keep your first Stalker on a common hop-up ledge in order to deny your opponent scouting the Twilight Council. Against other defensive play, poke out to your opponent’s front with your first Stalker and check to see whether your opponent is going for Widow Mines or a quick CC into Bio so you know how to micro when you Blink into his main base with all of your units.
This build is an all-in, so there is no standard follow-up. If your attack does damage and you keep most of your units alive, then you can take a natural expansion and transition into Upgrades+Storm. However, if you do not do significant damage with your initial Stalkers and also lose them, you are most likely out of the game because your midgame tech and economy will be vastly behind that of your opponent.
- Do not bother Probe scouting, you can do this build against nearly everything your opponent chooses to open with.
- With your initial Stalkers, either protect your main base from a Reaper scouting your Twilight Council or move out and poke up at your opponent’s base for some early scouting intel.
- The limiting factor with this build is Blink Research’s build time, so be sure to Chronoboost that Research constantly in order to attack as soon as possible.
- Keep your Mothership Core out of harm’s way. Use its 14 sight range for high ground vision, but do not commit the Mothership Core in the attack because without high ground vision, your attack will most likely fail.
- Do not forget to use your Mothership Core’s Time Warp ability to help pick off SCVs or Bio units that are out of position.
- Do NOT over-commit your Stalkers in a risky blink. Only aggressively blink to get up to a high ground or to pick off a Siege Tank/Widow Mine before it activates.
- Constantly warping-in more Stalkers to reinforce your army and add strength to the attack is key to crushing through your opponent’s defenses.
Pros and Cons
This build is a strong build because of how quickly you get both high ground vision with your Mothership Core and enough Blink Stalkers to do real damage.
However, this build is in fact an all-in, so there is no standard transition should the attack fail. Also, if your Stalker positioning is sub-optimal, a Reaper may scout your Twilight Council and reveal the build before you have even moved out to attack.
This build is strongest on maps with large areas to Blink up on, so you have more maneuverability with your Stalkers.
- Merry Go Round
- King Sejong Station