This 3gate Stargate attack hits your opponent with a lot of Stalkers and Void Rays off of one base in order to crush your opponent before they get into the midgame.
- 9 – Pylon
- 13 – Gateway
- 15 – 2 Assimilators
- 16 – Pylon
- 18 – @100% Gateway, start Cybernetics Core
- 20 – Zealot and Pylon
- Place the Zealot on “Hold Position” at your main wall
- 23 – @100% Cybernetics Core, start Warpgate Research, Mothership Core, and 1st Sentry
- 29 – @150 Gas, start Stargate and Pylon
- @300 Mins, start 2 more Gateways
- @100% Stargate, start constant Void Ray production
- @100% Warpgate Research, warp-in 3 Stalkers at a time
- Benchmark: When 1st Void Ray finishes (@6:30ish), you should have 1 Zealot, 1 Sentry, 1 Void Ray, and a Mothership Core with 28 Probes at home.
- Attack your opponent from a proxy Pylon with your first 2 Void Rays (@8:00ish) with 2 Void Rays, 1 Zealot, 1 Sentry, and 6 Stalkers with constant Zealot/Stalker reinforcements.
This 3gate Stargate gets you a fast Mothership Core and full wall-off for early game defense, so scouting is minimal. Use a scouting Probe to check that your opponent is taking their natural Hatchery. If your opponent does not expand early, then be prepared to defend early Roaches/Speedlings with your Mothership Core, Zealot on hold position at your main wall, and forcefields.
After the early game, the rest of your scouting will come from your attack. Be sure to warp-in more Zealots if your opponent has a lot of Speedlings, and more Stalkers if your opponent has a lot of Roaches.
This build is a strong 1base attack with no clear follow-up should the attack fail. You can try expanding at home and defending with Void Rays while you tech up to a Chargelot/Void Ray unit composition, but should your opponent hold your attack with minimal economic damage, you are most likely going to be drastically behind in economy and map control.
Pros and Cons
This 3gate Stargate is strong because it is so easy to execute and can crush through opponent’s who do not execute a solid build order defense.
However, this build is a 1 Base attack, so you have no clear follow-up should the attack fail.
This build is best on smaller maps so that your attack can hit your opponent fastest.
- King Sejong Station