This 3rax Stim Timing gets a lot of Bio to attack your opponent before they have set up their midgame. It also opens with a Reaper for some early game scouting.
- 10 – Supply Depot
- 12 – Barracks
- 12 – Refinery
- 15 – Orbital Command
- 15 – Reaper
- 16 – 2nd Barracks
- 17 – Supply Depot
- @100% Reaper, start Tech lab and 3rd Barracks
- @100% Tech lab, start Stimpack Research
- @50 Gas, start Reactor on 2nd Barracks
- Constant Marine production
- @100% 3rd Barracks, start Tech lab on 3rd Barracks and Concussive Shells
- Constant Marauder production out of both Tech labs
- Attack your opponent when Stimpack finishes (@6:50ish) with around 10 Marines, 5 Marauders, and a Reaper.
This 3rax opens with a Reaper for early game scouting, so you do not need to SCV scout if you do not want to. Use the Reaper to spot if/when your opponent is expanding, as well as scout for possible proxy Pylons that your opponent could use to be aggressive with.
With your 3rax Stim Timing attack, also be sure to note what unit composition your opponent is defending with. Reinforce with Marines if your opponent has Stargate units, Marine/Marauder otherwise.
This is a strong 1 base attack that gives you Stimpack and a lot of Bio, so your follow-up will be very slow. That being said, you should start to float some minerals as you are reaching your opponent’s base, so building a 2nd Command Center, getting Combat Shields, and starting a Factory to tech towards Medivacs and standard Bio play is the best choice.
Pros and Cons
This build is a strong 1 base attack that can crush your opponent early before they have their midgame even established.
This build is best on smaller maps so that your attack can hit your opponent as soon as possible.
- Merry Go Round