This Reaper opening transitions into a strong 1 base 1/1/1 all-in using a Raven’s PDD and several Siege Tanks to deal maximum damage early on to an unsuspecting Protoss opponent.
- 10 – Supply Depot
- 12 – Barracks
- 12 – Refinery
- 15 – Orbital Command
- 15 – Reaper, 2nd Refinery, and Supply Depot
- 17 – @100% Reaper, start Reactor on Barracks
- Constant Marine production
- @100 Gas, start Factory
- @100% Factory, start Starport and 1 Widow Mine
- @100% Widow Mine, start 2 Tech labs on Factory
- @100% Starport, start Medivac
- Drop your opponent when your Medivac finishes (@6:25ish) with 6 Marines, 1 Widow Mine, and 25 SCVs at home.
- Halt SCV Production
- @100% Medivac, swap Starport onto 1st Tech lab
- Start 1 Raven
- Constant Siege Tank production
- @300 Mins, start 2 more Barracks
- @100% 2nd Barracks, swap onto Starport’s Tech lab and start Combat Shields
- Constant Marine production
- Attack your opponent’s natural when your 3rd Siege Tank finish (@9:00ish) with around 20 Marines, 1 Medivac, 1 Raven, 3 Siege Tanks, and 8ish pulled SCVs.
There is minimal scouting with this build because you are planning to follow-up your initial Reaper opening with an all-in before any relevant scouting information can be ascertained.
This build is a 1 base 1/1/1 all-in, so there is no transition. By pulling SCVs and staying on 1 base until the 10 minute mark, you have to deal crushing damage to your opponent with your push or lose soon thereafter.
- Use your initial units to try and zone out any early game pokes from spotting you staying on 1 base.
- Do NOT over-commit your Widow Mine drop. You need the Medivac and every Marine you have in your eventual 1 base all-in.
- Pull 8ish SCVs with the attack for extra damage and for their useful repairs.
- Be sure to move out with your army BEFORE Combat Shields finish. You want to be attacking your opponent’s natural expansion as soon as Combat Shields finishes.
- Use your Raven’s Point Defense Drone to stop incoming damage from Photon Overcharge.
- Keep your Siege Tanks positioned in front of your Marines if you are fighting Colossus; keep your Marines positioned in front of your Siege Tanks if you are fighting anything else.
Pros and Cons
This build is a strong 1 base all-in that uses both a Raven’s PDD and Siege Tank splash damage to crush through an unsuspecting Protoss opponent.
However this attack is somewhat fragile, and losing a portion of your army due to poor micro or a lost Medivac could mean the difference between a quick win and a sudden loss. Also note that by pulling SCVs you are committing to winning or losing the game with this 1 attack.
This build is strongest on maps with a small rush distance. Also, maps with an open natural expansion can give you enough space for a large concave during the engage.
- Foxtrot Labs
- Merry Go Round
Thanks to Crown for the initial inspiration for this build