This 1/1/1 is an all-in that is very easy to execute and crushes through your opponent with a sizable Marine/Tank/Viking army.
- 10 – Supply Depot
- 12 – Barracks
- 13 – 1st Refinery
- 16 – @100% Barracks, start constant Marine production
- 17 – Orbital Command
- 17 – Supply Depot
- 18 – @100 Gas, start Factory
- 19 – 2nd Refinery
- @100% Factory, start Starport
- @75 Gas, start Reactor on Barracks and Tech lab on Factory
- Constantly produce Marines, Siege Tanks, and Vikings
- Start a Tech lab and Raven from your Starport if you spot Cloak Banshees
- Attack your opponent when your 3rd Siege Tank finishes (@7:40ish) with 2 Vikings, 3 Siege Tanks, 14 Marines, and 5ish SCVs to help repair/act as a meat shield for your army.
By positioning your initial Marines defensively, you should be able to defend any early Reaper shenanigans without issue. Later Hellion or Widow Mine attacks can be dealt with by hiding behind a Supply Depot wall. Finally, Banshees and Widow Mine Drops can be dealt with by keeping your army back at home and using your Vikings to scout around the map. Therefore, active scouting is very minimal with this build – you only need to react to what your opponent throws at you.
This build is a 1base all-in that commits SCVs and all of your resources to the fight, so there is not clear follow-up. In case your attack does not outright win the game, be sure to start a 2nd Command Center at your natural expansion, and defend it with reinforcing Siege Tanks/Vikings as you set up your midgame Bio or Mech infrastructure.
Pros and Cons
This build is a strong 1base attack that can deal with Banshees and Widow Mine Drop players quick easily. It also is very effective at crushing through expanding players who have not executed a solid follow-up build.
However, it is an all-in, so if your attack fails, you will be behind economically from your opponent with no clear way to catch up.
This 1/1/1 is best on maps with a smaller rush distance so that your attack hits your opponent as soon as possible.
- Merry Go Round