This build rushes for Thors and a Medivac as fast as possible and then goes for a hilarious all-in with Thor Drops. There is no transition with this build – you pull all your SCVs and crush your opponent as soon as possible.
- 10 – Supply Depot
- 12 – Barracks
- 13 – Refinery
- 16 – 1st Marine
- 17 – Orbital Command (pause SCV production)
- 17 – 2nd Marine and Supply Depot
- 17 – @100 Gas, start Factory at proxy location (resume SCV production)
- 18 – @100% 2nd Marine, start Reactor on Barracks and 2nd Refinery
- 21 – @100% Factory, start Armory
- @100 Gas, start Starport
- @25 Gas, start Tech lab on Factory
- @100% Armory, start 1st Thor
- @100% Starport, start Medivac
- Benchmark: When your 1st Thor finishes (@6:45ish), you should have 24 SCVs, 8 Marines, 1 Thor, and 1 Medivac
- @100% 1st Thor, start 2nd Thor and pull 10ish SCVs and all of your Marines
- Engage your opponent directly when your 2nd Thor finishes (@8:00ish) with 2 Thors, 1 Medivac, 10 SCVs, and 12 Marines
There is no purpose scouting. You are going to do the same build no matter what, and it only wastes mining time to pull an SCV from the mineral line.
There are no transitions from this all-in. Keep rallying Marines and your next Thor and all of your SCVs and hope it is enough to win the game.
- When your Medivac pops, load up your Thor and drop your opponent, trying to kill production or SCVs.
- Avoid fighting your opponent’s army with your initial Thor drop at all costs.
- Only engage your opponent’s army directly once your Marines and SCVs are in the fight as well.
- Make sure to pull around 10 SCVs and attack with all of your Marines when you start your 2nd Thor so that your 2 Thors, 12 Marines, and 10 SCVs all get to your opponent’s base at the same time.
- During the fight, surround your Thor(s) with SCVs and repair.
- Use your Marines for a bit of extra DPS as they sit behind your Thor(s), but the true power of this all-in comes from the fact that Thors being repaired take close to no damage from early game Terran units.
Pros and Cons
This build rolls over most 1rax FE builds. Also, it’s a hilarious all-in that straight up kills unprepared opponents or opponents who don’t have good repair micro. Also, a huge pro is that this build IS A THOR DROP.
However, this build is very weak against Reapers because you only have 2 Marines to defend against Reapers in the early game. That being said, if you can ward off the Reapers without losing too many SCVs, you might still win because Thors are obviously strong against Reapers in direct fights. This build is also very bad against Banshees, but it’s possible to win the base trade because Thors also destroy Banshees in an actual fight.
This build only works on maps with only 2 spawn positions, so you can proxy your Factory in the correct place without having to scout. Also, it is much stronger on smaller maps so that your SCVs are pulled off the line for a shorter time before you hit your opponent.
- King Sejong Station