Alright, so a surprise drop or a surprise runby comes along and attacks your workers. Your first reaction is usually “Get them out of there!” so you box your entire mineral line and run them away to a safer location while you try to get some army over to the base to defend.
The question I have for you now is: how do you best get your workers back to mining with 3 mining on each gas geyser? Here’s the way most professional players do it.
- Box all of your workers
- Right click one of the gas geysers
- Shift+left click 3 times on the mesh portraits at the bottom middle of the screen
- This deselects 3 of the workers from your selection group (see: this Tip of the Day)
- Right click the other gas geyser
- Shift+left click 3 more times on the mesh portraits
- Right click any mineral patch
All of a sudden, with just a few minimal clicks, your entire mineral line is back to work with exactly 6 mining gas and the rest mining minerals. Perfect.